Monday, November 5, 2012

Van Persie: duel with Arsenal was a special game for me


Manchester United striker Robin van Persie says the match against Arsenal it was special because it is the first game of his career against former club.Van Persie who in summer within rival Arsenal moved to United, scored a goal against his former club in Saturday's derby at Old Trafford.
Dutch striker says he is happy with the three goals scored but emphasizes respect for Arsenal.

"Yes, this was a special day for me, but in the end everything worked for the game," Van Persie told Sky Sports 1HD.

"I think we played well, but did not even use the best chances were to achieve several goals, but we are happy with the three points."
Van Persie said and the decision not to celebrate a goal because of respect for Arsenal.
"I think the gesture speaks for itself."
"I played eight years at Arsenal, I had a fantastic time there. I respect the fans, the players, the manager, the club. "
"This was my first time playing against former club because until now I had only three. This was a special day for me. "
Asked insults from fans of Arsenal, Van Persie said:
"I honestly do not listen. They are great fans, and I have great respect for them. "

No comments:

Post a Comment